Handel Institute Conference Awards are intended to help individuals attend a conference to read a paper or present a poster on a Handel-related subject that has already been accepted by the conference organisers. The awards relate to the cost of travel and/or accommodation. Applications must be submitted before expenditure is incurred, and preference will be given to postgraduate students and early-career academics.
There is no application form. Applications should include the following information:
- name, email address and institutional affiliation (if any) of the applicant
- details of the conference: title, organising body, place, date(s)
- title and abstract of the paper to be delivered (not more than 300 words)
- evidence that the paper has been accepted by the conference organisers
- details of travel and/or accommodation costs (based on cheapest reasonable estimates)
- details of any financial assistance (for this purpose) already received
- details of any outstanding applications for such financial assistance
Closing dates for applications are 30 April, 31 August and 30 November. Applications should be sent to Prof. Matthew Gardner, [email protected] as a single PDF file.