Handel Institute Conference Awards are intended to help individuals attend a conference to read a paper or present a poster on a Handel-related subject that has already been accepted by the conference organisers. The awards relate to the cost of travel and/or accommodation. Applications must be submitted before expenditure is incurred, and preference will be given to postgraduate students and early-career academics.
There is no application form. Applications should include the following information:
- name, email address and institutional affiliation (if any) of the applicant
- details of the conference: title, organising body, place, date(s)
- title and abstract of the paper to be delivered (not more than 300 words)
- evidence that the paper has been accepted by the conference organisers
- details of travel and/or accommodation costs (based on cheapest reasonable estimates)
- details of any financial assistance (for this purpose) already received
- details of any outstanding applications for such financial assistance
Closing dates for applications are 30 April, 31 August and 30 November. Applications should be sent to the Chair of the Awards Committee, Dr Helen Coffey [email protected] as a single PDF file.